Mozart: Le Nozze di Figaro (In German) - Grümmer, Kunz, Schöffler, Güden, Schlemm; Fricsay. Köln, 1951
Listen to a Sample:
- Ferenc Fricsay had a very special way with Mozart. He always managed to find a lightness that was often not in the musical vocabulary of mid-century orchestras whose approach to Mozart could often be Wagnerian in scope.
- Hilde Güden exudes charm as Susanna.
- Erich Kunz luscious bass and excellent diction make for an ideal Figaro.
- Paul Schöffler's imposing baritone gives the count's music a suave menace that is very effective.
- Elisabeth Grümmer brings oppulence and poise to the role of the countess.
- None to mention.