Strauss: Daphne - Bampton, Svanholm, Dermota, Weber, Kinderman; E. Kleiber. Buenos Aires, 1948
Listen to a Sample:
- The cast proves that Strauss can be sung with both heft and remarkable lyricism and beauty.
- Rose Bampton is an ethereal Daphne.
- Set Svanholm's lyric tenor never loses its sheen even during the most dramatic moments
- Anton Dermota's Leukippos is a perfect role for his sweet tenor and compelling artistry.
- Erich Kleiber delivers a memorable performance.
- None to mention
Elisabeth Grümmer sings Strauss' Four Last Songs