Listen to a Sample:
- All-over excellent singers, well-cast in their roles.
- Anne Evans brings ethereal grace to the role of Elsa. Despite the youthful quality of her soprano, she reveals in the confrontation with Ortrud that she is no shrinking violet.
- Alberto Remedios brings Wagnerian elegance to the title role.
- Leonie Rysanek delivers a tour-de-force as Ortrud. If the voice lacks the sheen it had twenty years prior, she more than makes up for it with her signature intensity.
- Donald McIntyre manages to turn Telramund into a somewhat sympathetic character.
- None to mention.