Wagner: Die Walküre - Lindholm, Roar, Schröder-Feinen, Brenneis, Meven; Wich. Düsseldorf, 1974
Listen to a Sample:
- In the 1970s the level of Wagner singing that was going on in Germany even outside the major hubs like Berlin and Munich was astonishing.
- The uniformly youthful cast is lead by Berit Lindholm in the title role.
- Ursula Schröder-Feinen brings extactic sensuality to the role of Sieglinde.
- Leir Roar's Wotan is remarkable for its vocal beauty.
- There is some mild skipping at the end of Act I and a few drop-outs throughout the opera mostly during instrumental sections.