Wagner: Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg (In Swedish) - S. Björling, Svanholm, Söderström, Tyrén, Lundborg, Talvela; Sandberg. Stockholm, 1962
Listen to a Sample:
- This recording of Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, despite being in Swedish, is a pretty impressive achievement courtesy of the Royal Swedish Opera.
- Sigurd Björling brings gravitas and warmth to the role of Hans Sachs.
- Elisabeth Söderström's youthful yet powerful soprano is perfectly cast in the role of Eva.
- Set Svanholm gives a valiant and indefatigable performance of Walther von Stolzing without even considering the fact that he was almost 60.
- A young Marttia Talvela sings the role of Hans Foltz.
- None to mention.