Strauss: Elektra (In English) Tinsley, Evans, Brown, White, Mitchinson; Armstrong. Cardiff, 1977
Listen to a Sample:
- First off, the performance is in English! And if that weren't enough to sell you on this recording, this is also happens to be one of the most hot-blooded performances of this work I have ever heard.
- Pauline Tinsley is simply astonishing in the title role, delivering unflagging intensity interspersed with moments of ravishing beauty.
- A young Anne Evans is radiant as Chrysothemis.
- Willard White offers rich, burnished tones and impeccable English diction as Orest.
- Richard Armstrong commands power and precision from the orchestra.
- None to mention.