Wagner Siegfried (In English) - McCray, Kingsley, Herincx, Crook, Mangin; Holt. 1977
Listen to a Sample:
- American tenor, James McCray brings uncommon sweetness to the role of Siegfried as well as a very direct and unfussy style of diction.
- Raimund Herincx's burnished bass-baritone fares better as the Wanderer than he does in the earlier installments.
- Every word Paul Crook utters as Mime comes through crystal clear and he conveys the dwarf's deviousness without robbing him of every ounce of sympathy.
- The recording is in very good stereo sound.
- Once again Margaret Kinglsey struggles as Brünnhilde, detracting from an otherwise first-rate performance.