Wagner: Parsifal - Kollo, Randová, Sotin, Weikl, Mazura, Ridderbusch; Stein. Bayreuth, 1977
Listen to a Sample:
- René Kollo brings sumptuous lyricism to the title role.
- Hans Sotin's soft-grained basso profundo makes for a Gurnemanz who is both imposing and approachable.
- Eva Randová might not have the most alluring voices, but her fiery temperment carries her a long way as Kundry, particularly towards the end of Act II.
- Bernd Weikl delivers one of the most beautifully sung Amfortases I have ever heard.
- Franz Mazura brings ample mallevolance to the role of Klingsor.
- None to mention.