Wagner: Parsifal - Cox, Martin, Mazura, McIntyre, Nienstedt, Sotin, Randová; Jochum. Bayreuth, 1973
Listen to a Sample:
- Eugen Jochum breaths magic and mystery into Wagner's final opera.
- Jean Cox had the vocal heft and wide-eyed innocence to make for an ideal Parsifal.
- Janis Martin is a wild Kundry.
- If Franz Mazura lacks a certain amount of vocal gravitas, his Gurnemanz more than makes up for it with his vivid portrayal of the role.
- Donald McIntyre infuses Amfortas' music with anguished beauty.
- None to mention.