Wagner: Tristan und Isolde - Grob-Prandl, Lorenz, Cavelti, S. Björling, S. Nilsson, Montarsolo; De Sabata. Milano, 1951
Listen to a Sample:
- Gertrud Grob-Prandl is radiant as Isolde.
- The playing of the La Scala orchestra under the direction of Victor De Sabata would give any German orchestra/conductor a run for their money.
- Paolo Montarsolo makes his La Scala debut as the Steuermann.
- The sound is very good.
- In previous versions of this recording the pitch was slightly off. We have corrected this flaw while remastering the recording.
- Although I appreciate the quality of Max Lorenz's voice, am I the only one who is bothered by how sharp he tended to sing?