Wagner: Parsifal (Acts 2 & 3) - Uhl, Shuard, Frick, Shaw, O. Kraus, Minton, Carlyle; Solti. London, 1966
Listen to a Sample:
- Georg Solti is the star of the evening, even amidst the star-studded cast assembled for this performance. His conducting is well-paced and his insightful musical details seem to spring as much from the text as the music.
- As Gurnemanz, Gottlob Frick sings with authority and astonishing beauty of tone.
- In the title role, Fritz Uhl sings admirably but his wooden stage presence creates somewhat of a dramatic disconnect.
- Amy Shuard's Kundry is both wild and alluring.
- Replaces OD 11185-2. Pitch corrected.
- None to mention.