Listen to a Sample:
- After hearing this performance, it became clear to me that one of the best Siegfrieds of all time had been hiding in plain sight. Hans Beirer's burly, yet youthful tenor manages to sustain the grueling tessitura without ever having to scale back his ample tenor voice.
- Despite nearing his 60s, Otto Wiener treats us to a beautifully sung Wanderer.
- Ludmila Dvoraková's appearance as Brünnhilde in the final act is well worth the wait.
- Rita Streich makes an impressive cameo as the Forest Bird.
- There is some mild static in the last ten minutes of the opera. Otherwise the sound is very good.